Thursday, October 23, 2008

My favorite things

I can't get that bloody song out of my head, specially since it's been made part of the new market strategy of MasterCard, so I'll try to rip it off by following its example: describing my favourite things.



Winter is one of my favourite things, 'cause I love walking in the rain. First, I though it was with the secret hope that nobody could see me crying, hiding my tears under the rain drops. But I've learned that rain can wash away the sorrow. That's why winter and rain are some of my favourite things, and water is also one of them. You'll see me bathing every now and then, not just because it's fun but because water helps me clean my soul too.



Every month I wait for the beautiful night when Full Moon rises in the sky, 'cause Selene is one of my favourite things. She's able to control not only the seas. Her influence touches all the water in the Earth, including that inside of me. The silver glowing makes me smile every time my gaze looks up to the sky.



My friends are not things, at least not for me, but spending time with them couldn't escape being among my favourite things. Even if we cry until our tears are replaced by dust, there's always a smile able to change the tide. With them I could say that time goes by, but happiness remains.



Thinking and writing come hand by hand, they're also a few of my favourite things. My thoughts seem to beg to be put on paper, not only for pleasure but to bring order into chaos. When I'm writing it feels like a brain storm, but when the work is done for a while my mind is calmed.



The road calls me once in a while, so another favourite is drive until I'm bored. The freedom I feel when my face is touched by the wind only gets better when the music is right, and by that I mean some rock, blues or jazz.



I also like cooking, just as much as eating. Mom always said "don't play with your food" but she didn't say anything about the flavours, and that's why every time I'm alone, I run to the kitchen to find the perfect taste for my mood. Sometimes the food doesn't look eatable at all, but that does not matter if my tongue is thrill.



I really love the pleasure of a good book, don't care if I have to study it or I read it for fun. I could cry a river with a good story, and the same would happen on a Sunday match. You can see me every weekend supporting my team, even if the scores lead us to no win. It's not about passion, it goes even deeper, it's about feelings just a few could understand.



Watching a sunset, you and me holding hands, it's another favourite when I do the count. Walk by the ocean, enjoy a good wine, draw a beautiful flower, the smell of the South are in the list too. Here I've written few of my favourite things, for the rest just do some effort and find out for yourself.

No comments: