Sunday, October 26, 2008

:: Loneliness and love ::

Last night I fell asleep thinking about love...
...well, to be honest, it was more about the lack of it and wasn't only last night...
The thing is that somehow I feel I need to fall in love, but some part of me doesn't want to. I'm afraid I'm getting used to loneliness, which is much worse than just being alone. I mean, it'd be sad to wake up one day thinking love is worthless and feeling incapable of expressing that which dwell deep into my soul. So I guess that should at least explain why being in love is so urgent, but what about the rest?
For some time I've chosen to be "sad and alone", and it'd be fine if anyone ask why the Hell I've done that. Well, it's maybe 'cause I've seen and lived more sadness around love. Beside, with some really lucky exceptions, every day that passes I'm feeling more and more disappointed of women. I know, I know, there's not such thing as the perfect woman, but could any of them at least try. And knowing I'm not the only man in history who has though about that, here are some lines of Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer (sorry for the translation, but you'll get the point)...
- I'm sexy, I'm brunet,
I'm the symbol of passion;
of pleasure's desire my soul is filled.
Are you searching for me? - It's not you; no.
- My skin is pale, my braids are golden;
I could give you endless hapiness;
I keep of tenderness a treasure.
Are you calling for me? - No; it's not you.
- I'm a dream, an impossible,
vain ghost of mist and light;
I'm incorporeal, I'm untochable;
I can't love you. - Oh, come; you come.
So I think I'll wait, at least for a little longer. There should be someone, there must be someone...

No comments: