Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Age reloaded

It was unexpected. It was totally unexpected.
We're still three months away from my birthday, but somehow age managed to fall finely upon me two weeks ago. However, unlike previous ocassions, this time it lacked of its usual fatalism...
...I could justify it on the context, but rather not to.

I was walking to Alameda after classes to meet Tania for our weekly coffee, alongside a classmate who had to go to General Jofre. Just before spliting up she threw me a question that oddly no one had asked me after all these months of adaptation: How does it feel to have for classmate a 19 years old girl like me?

...we weren't on TV, so her question wasn't followed by a "chan"...

Though my natural response would have been flirt, it wasn't neither the time nor the person to do so, so I chose to tell her that almost all of my classmates are 19, 20, 21 years old at most. After saying that 8 years aren't really that much, her smile told me it was the best answer... or maybe she thought I was flirting.

After that instant of age attack I kept thinking, specially after discussing the subject with Tania...
This time things were different, though I was as unprepared as usual. The odd thing is I didn't feel bad about it, but almost relief. I felt in a possition of wisdom I did not know (or at least didn't remember). I think I was able to proyected it to my classmate and even in the days after.

So, if this is how age reloaded is gonna be I might like it...

No comments: