Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Voices in the dark

'Brother,' said the voice. I sensed it clearly while enjoying the darkness.


I had spent the previous minutes trying to repair the left earphone of my MP3 player, assuming finally that there wasn't any chance but quitting the entire set and finding a new one. Still, I wanted to check the loaded music, so I turned off the lights and the TV before getting into bed. With just one earplug and covering my left ear with the pillow, I chose one of the files to surrender myself to the pleasure of music.


My eyes were fixed upon a random point of the room, barely illuminated by the light of a far street lamp entering trough the window. The music went on and on, leaving the sweet taste of a correctly done selection. It was then when I heard it, in the middle of an instrumental theme and, to my surprise, into my left ear, the one covered with the pillow. The clear whisper of a male voice saying "brother".


I immediately removed the right earphone with the hope of hearing something else, but it was pointless. However, that word was enough to fill me with doubt instead of the fear that should had been a normal reaction.


What was that voice?
Where did it come from?
Who was that man?
Was it just a simple lapsus before falling asleep, another figment of my wild imagination? or was there someone trying to talk to me?


Since it's not the first time this had happened... I WANT TO KNOW!!!

No comments: